Journalists and broadcasters are often looking for comment on issues.
On one occasion I contacted three architects and managed to get a comment from one. Guess who was featured in the newspaper along with a photo for a few minutes’ work.
How do I become a recognised authority on my subject?
- Issue press releases offering genuine comment on a topical issue
- Build relationships with journalists and let them know you can provide comment on your area
- Add comment to your web site so that journalists searching online for comment will find you
- Comment on topics on social media networks
- Publish your own research and reports on your areas of expertise
You won’t necessarily get asked immediately, but when something does crop up needing a comment, journalists will know to contact you or can find you easily when they search online.
Your #SillySeasonPR #11 task is to think how journalists can discover your expertise. Good luck and do ask any questions you have.
Tomorrow: ? Visit to find out
Use the content and tips in our videos and posts below to boost your business and sign up to our newsletter.